GUIDANCE FOR FREEHOLD COMMERCIAL PROPERTY APPLICANTS
Information that will be required
Identity of Owner
The name in which you wish to take the Title
- Individual / Company / Partnership (Name)
- Correspondence Address
- Phone Number
D1 Use Class (Under the Town and Country Planning (Use Classes) Order 1987 (as amended)
- Non-Residential Institution/Place of Worship/Education etc
- Confirmation of your Freehold offer
- The commencement date by you would wish to complete.
Are there other special terms or conditions that need to be contained within your offer?
- Deposit/Premium payments
Is your offer subject to anything?
It is highly recommended that you have a condition survey made on the property when taking a Lease sometimes referred to as a Dilapidations Report – this will more than likely save a lot of time and money in the future, Guidance on dilapidation surveys can be found by following this link:
- Planning permission etc.
Planning permission may need to be sought for certain types of D1 use within the Use Class designation within planning law. This may be related to statutory requirements within Law, such as Fire Regulations or Highways Requirements, these are generally overseen by local councils or related to a Change of Use of a particular property.
- You will need to know who your solicitor is, with name and address of his/her practice.