Making An Offer – Freehold Applicants


Information that will be required

Identity of Owner

The name in which you wish to take the Title

  • Individual / Company / Partnership (Name)
  • Correspondence Address
  • Phone Number

Proposed Use

D1 Use Class (Under the Town and Country Planning (Use Classes) Order 1987 (as amended)

  • Non-Residential Institution/Place of Worship/Education etc

Proposed Agreement

  • Confirmation of your Freehold offer
  • The commencement date by you would wish to complete.


Are there other special terms or conditions that need to be contained within your offer?

  • Deposit/Premium payments

Is your offer subject to anything?

  • Survey

It is highly recommended that you have a condition survey made on the property when taking a Lease sometimes referred to as a Dilapidations Report – this will more than likely save a lot of time and money in the future.

  • Contract
  • Planning permission etc.

Planning permission may need to be sought for certain types of D1 use within the Use Class designation within planning law. This may be related to statutory requirements within Law, such as Fire Regulations or Highways Requirements, these are generally overseen by local councils or related to a Change of Use of a particular property.


  • You will need to know who your solicitor is, with name and address of his/her practice.